Retirement at age 65 is an artificial finish line that no longer fits our time.
Peter de Kuster will show seminar members how ‘Creating a Life and Work You Love and Never Want to Retire From’ is replacing traditional retirement as the core consideration when planning for the future.
This seminar will discuss the confluence of four modern trends that herald the end of retirement thinking as we know it:
- The evolving pursuit of fulfillment in our times.
- The end of the paternalistic employer.
- The advent of dismantling ageism.
- Distribution-driven Armageddon for financial services.
Growing old with lots of money is no longer the goal. Dying rich can’t compete with living rich, and making a living doesn’t measure up to making a life. When the idea of retirement was born, people traded physical capital for a paycheck—and it was a practical necessity for people to retire. As a knowledge-based economy, intellectual capital, experiential capital, and relational capital are traded for a paycheck, leaving only one question to answer regarding the appropriate time to retire: What is the expiration date on my intellectual capital and on my experience? What those people still working in their 70s and even 80s will tell you is that they would be dead if they had not continued to engage their intellectual faculties.
Passion Never Retires will help seminar members find answers to the following questions:
- How will you spend your time? You have 168 hours a week; how will you make those hours meaningful?
- How will you invest yourself? How will you parlay what you know, what you’ve experienced, and who you are into the next phase of your life?
The price of this five day seminar is Euro 3.995 excluding VAT per person. There are special prices when you want to attend with three or more people.
You can reach Peter for questions about dates and the program by mailing him at email@example.com
09.40 Tea & Coffee on arrival
10.00 Morning Session
13.00 Lunch Break
14.00 Afternoon Session
Read on for a detailed breakdown of the Passion Never Retires itinerary.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of the Passion Never Retires Seminar
Day I OLD RETIREMENT MYTHS
- 65 is old
- Retirement is Only about Money
- To Retire = Not Working
- A Life of Ease is the Ultimate Retirement Goal
- Remove Artificial Finish Lines
- Illusions, Delusions and Hypes
Day II PASSION NEVER RETIRES
- Re-inventing Retirement – New Pathways
- Passion Never Retires Coaching Works
- The Real Meaning of Work
- Brain at Work
- Invest in Who You Are
- Collecting a Play Check
- Generation to Generation
- Testdrive Your Dreamjob
- Find your Mentor
- Making the Dreamjob
- What is Next?
Day III THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER
- Staying in the Zone
- Trust the Force
- The Power of Flow
- From Success to Purpose
- Meaningful Pursuits
- Your Next 100.000 Miles
- From Aging to S- Aging
Day IV REDEFINING RICH
- Bridging the Gap between Means and Meaning
- The Seven Intangibles
- Return on Life
- Your Portfolio Life
- The Money/Life Puzzle
- Collecting Income for Life
- Maslow meets Money (Safety Money, Freedom Money, Money to Give, Dream Money)
- The Financial Freedom to Have a Creative Life
Day V. WHAT IS YOUR STORY?
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life
- The words on your tombstone
- Your ultimate mission, out loud
- Your Story about Working Longer
- Your Story about Living Longer
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroines
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
- Turning your story into action
- The Story Effect
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of Passion Never Retires & The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storyteller which helps professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
To book your place in the Passion Never Retires seminar mail peter at firstname.lastname@example.org.