In this Three Day Journey in Paris Peter de Kuster, founder of Passion Never Retires, will show you how you create the life and work you love and never want to returen from. How ROL (Return on Life™—getting the best life possible with the money you have) is replacing ROI as the core consideration when planning for the future.
This journey will discuss the confluence of three modern trends that herald the end of retirement thinking as we know it:
- The evolving pursuit of fulfillment in our times.
- The end of the paternalistic employer.
- The advent of dismantling ageism.
Growing old with lots of money is no longer the goal. Dying rich can’t compete with living rich, and making a living doesn’t measure up to making a life. When the idea of retirement was born, people traded physical capital for a paycheck—and so it was a practical necessity for people to retire. As a knowledge-based economy, intellectual capital, experiential capital, and relational capital are traded for a paycheck, leaving only one question to answer regarding the appropriate time to retire: What is the expiration date on my passion, creativity, intellectual capital and on my experience?
What the heroes and heroines with their stories here online will tell you – who love what they do and cannot imagine retiring from – is that they would be dead if they had not continued to engage their passionate, creative faculties.
Passion Never Retires will help travellers find answers to the following questions:
- How do you find or create a life and work you love andn never want to retire from?
- How will you spend your time? You have 168 hours a week; how will you make those hours meaningful?
- How will you invest yourself? How will you parlay what you know, what you’ve experienced, and who you are into the next phase of your life?
09.40 Tea & Coffee on arrival
10.00 Morning Journey
13.00 Lunch Break
14.00 Afternoon Journey
The Heroine’s Journey
Euro 595 excluding VAT (early bird. Normal price is Euro 795 excluding VAT)
What: Passion Never Retires in Paris with Peter de Kuster