Passion Never Retires is a private tour in a world city with Peter de Kuster, to rewrite the story you tell yourself and your work and in the process create a life you love and never want to retire from.
You need a quest to wake up in the morning and enough money to sleep at night.
More than 10 years ago, Peter started rewriting traditional stories stories of retirement with his groundbreaking Passion Never Retires story. He changed the story about retirement from one focused solely on money on a certain date to one focused on creating a life and work you love and never want to retire from. In this Passion Never Retires private tour Peter moves that conversation to the next level by challenging you to step up, broaden your capacity, and embrace a new story.
Professionals exploring the concept Passion Never Retires understand the characteristics of creating a life and work you love and never want to retire from:
- Passion: If you don’t use your body or your brain, you lose them.
- Purpose: Money can fund purpose, but it cannot create purpose.
- Portfolio: There needs to be a balance between vacation and vocation.
- Power: Physical, intellectual, and spiritual challenges are the hallmarks of those who continue to thrive as they age.
What is your Story?
“Your story is your life,” says Peter. As human beings, we continually tell ourselves stories — of success or failure; of power or victimhood; stories that endure for an hour, or a day, or an entire lifetime. We have stories about ourselves, our creative business, our customers ; about what we want and what we’re capable of achieving. Yet, while our stories profoundly affect how others see us and we see ourselves, too few of us even recognize that we’re telling stories, or what they are, or that we can change them — and, in turn, transform our very destinies.
Telling ourselves stories provides structure and direction as we navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and helps us interpret our goals and skills. Stories make sense of chaos; they organize our many divergent experiences into a coherent thread; they shape our entire reality. And far too many of our stories, says Peter, are dysfunctional, in need of serious editing. First, he asks you to answer the question, “In which areas of my life is it clear that I cannot achieve my goals with the story I’ve got?” He then shows you how to create new, reality-based stories that inspire you to action, and take you where you want to go both in your work and personal life.
Our capacity to tell stories is one of our profoundest gifts. Peter’s approach to creating deeply engaging stories will give you the tools to wield the power of storytelling and forever change your business and personal life.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of Passion Never Retires
THE OLD RETIREMENT MYTHS
- What Retire Meant: the End of Retirement as We Know It
- The Great “Retiremyths”
- End of the Work/Retire Ultimatum
YOUR OLD STORIES
- The Power of your Story
- Are you even trying to tell a Story?
- Old Stories (stories about you, your art, your clients, your money, your self promotion, your happiness, your health)
- Tell your current Story
- Is this Really Your Story?
A NEW STORY
- Work May Always Be a Part of Your Life
- “You’re Only Old When You Think You Are”
- Staying Connected to the World
- You Don’t Have To Retire To Do What You Want to Do
- Don’t Settle for a Lukewarm Life
- How Much is Your Paycheck Costing You?
- Making a Meaningful and Resourceful Transition
- More Than an Economic Event
- Your Money and Your Life
YOUR NEW STORY
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life and Art
- The words on your tombstone
- You ultimate mission, out loud
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroes
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
TURNING STORY INTO ACTION
- Turning your story into action
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
- They Created and Lived Happily Ever After.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of Passion Never Retires and The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Become a great Storyteller
That’s why I set up Passion Never Retires in the great cities of the world. A new way to use the power of your story. To guide you to life-changing, eye-opening movies, art, literature that truly have the power to enchant, enrich and inspire.
In this journey with Peter de Kuster you’ll explore your relationship with stories so far and your unique story identity will be sketched. You will be guided to movies, art, literature, myths that can put their finger on what you want to rewrite in your story, the feelings that you may often have had but perhaps never understood so clearly before; movies that open new perspectives and re-enchant the world for you.
You will be asked to complete a questionnaire in advance of your session and you’ll be given an instant story advice and movies to see to take away. Your full story advice and movies to see list will follow within a couple of days.
Book your private story coaching tour
You can choose from two options:
- Passion Never Retires Private Tour. This is a private story coaching, three days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is Euro 2850 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring our (business) partner to the private tour if you choose to.
- Passion Never Retires Certification. This is a week program for coaches, five days one – on- one with Peter de Kuster. A certification program for coaches who want to be trained in the Passion Never Retires private story coaching. The price is Euro 4.995 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. Plus one day extra training after the program to evaluate first experiences with clients.
Passion Never Retires Private Tour is offered in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Cannes, Florence, London, Malaga, Madrid, Milan, München, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla, Venice and Vienna.
Passion Never Retires Certification program is offered in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Bruxelles, Cannes, Chicago, Copenhagen, Florence, London, Los Angeles, Malaga, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, München, New York, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, San Francisco, Sevilla, Sydney, Venice and Vienna.
You can book Peter by mailing him at email@example.com
- Once you have purchased a private tour you will be given information to get in touch and arrange a date and time for your private tour.
- Private tours will take place at any given day of the week. The private tour will take place in a story rich city.
- Please note that once your appointment time and date have been confirmed, we have a forty-eight hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, or any no-shows will be charged. Any requests to reschedule less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, cannot be guaranteed and the original appointment will be charged for other than in exceptional circumstances.